Skip to main content

Quarantine has me killing my hair 😭

So...

 I kinda killed my hair…



As-salaam alaikum people. It’s been a while. How are you all?

Now let’s get into today’s post…

 

If you remember, I was in Lagos a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, while I was there, I treated my hair amazingly until one day; I was in dire need of washing my hair. You see, there was a ton of residue and stuff on my head, which made my scalp super itchy and made my hair feel heavy.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get shampoo at that time so guess what I did. I washed my hair with laundry detergent. Yes, you read it right. I foolishly saturated my hair with water then applied soap on it. At first, my hair seemed okay but you see, after every wash, I deeply condition my hair and that was before I decided to wash my hair with soap.

I also did not moisturize my hair after I brutally harassed it. My hair washing process is usually using a hair treatment for at least 2 hours, shampoo, and then deeply condition before air-drying (zero-heat) and braiding.

I sectioned my hair and air-dried it like normal then two days after; I prepared to comb it because I have to comb it daily if it’s not braided. I run my fingers through it first to make it easier to comb it. The texture of my hair seemed foreign but then I ignored like the fool that I was. I ran the comb through my hair hearing a disturbing sound. My scalp was dry, my hair was dry and I felt harassed.

I quickly got my moisturizing hair cream and started oiling my scalp and hair fearing the worst. Fast forward to three days later and my hair feels better. Suddenly, the nightmare continues.

Split ends!!!!! I was so angry with myself and my hair but I continued treating my baby because I love her.

Long story short, I nearly killed my hair then was miraculously able to save it. I keep thanking Allah every day.

Does quarantine have you ruining your hair? Feel free to share your stories in the comments’ section.

My next post will cover my hair-care procedure for natural hairrrrrr.

Also, even if you probably don't read my blog, happy birthday Mohammed. Wishing you Allah's Rahma and Protection. WULLNP and enjoy your day💟🎉.

Thank you for reading and as always stay safe and Allah hafeez my lovelies!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I'm sixteen. I repeat sixteen..."

Assalam alaykum my lovelies. It's been a long, long time but I'm back temporarily. Wie geht's? Yeah, I'm learning German .  So... my dressing. Guys being mature is a good thing right? At least looking mature should be a good thing right?! As you all know I'm in Lagos right now learning German and well... I've been told some weird stuff in this little period of time. It's a known fact that my dressing is on the conserved side meaning that I limit my dressing and I watch what I wear and stuff like that. Well... when did I start looking like someone's mother or someone's wife? I mean, I went to pick my cousins up from school and from afar, her friends  (referring to my female cousin) claimed that the lady they were seeing(Me) must be her mother (my aunt). You can imagine my reaction when she relayed this to me. I almost went ballistic. Some days before that day, I went to the super market. So some people doing advertising for a company that pr...

Iftar post #1

Salaam alaikum everyone! Ramadan Kareem🤍!!! How are you all?   I’m fine and I would like to share one of my favorite recipes during Ramadan with you all. I know it’s Hausa name and it is called “ Kunun Gyada” . If I roughly translate it to English, It would mean Groundnut milk and rice gruel. Yes, the English meaning may not be appetizing but I promise that it is absolutely delicious. Warning: Not to be consumed by those with Peanut and peanut related allergies. I’m not sure of the dietary information. I’d recommend preparing this for iftar. For iftar, there’s usually a mini feast with multiple dishes from fruit salads to main dishes. So yeah, and if there are left overs you can have that for sahur bearing in mind that it’s actually quite light.   My mommy always made this for some of our iftars and I’ve loved them ever since. So I learnt the recipe and here it is. There are multiple ways to make this, I mean that there are different variat...

Relationship Advice From A Single Girl #2 : REBOUNDS!

Assalam alaikum. Hi guys. It's been a while and I thought why not continue with the relationship talk. One of my friends once told me that the best relationship advice comes from single people. That, my lovelies, is what motivated me to write this post. Any way this is post 2 of the relationship series and beware: My ideas might be biased based from the way I was raised, to my religion and just my way of viewing things as a person. My advice might most definitely not work for you but it won't hurt to read the point of view of others.  Today's talk is about *drum roll please* Rebounds. I as a person happen to experience crushes despite the fact that in a lot of cases I wish I didn't. Anyway, *at this point everyone can see that I use the word anyway too much😅* after being ignored and pushed away by one of my crushes/friends, a lot of people that happen to be my close friends said that I deserve better. And I quote " I wouldn't advice you to use advice giv...