Skip to main content

"I'm sixteen. I repeat sixteen..."

Assalam alaykum my lovelies. It's been a long, long time but I'm back temporarily. Wie geht's? Yeah, I'm learning German. 

So... my dressing. Guys being mature is a good thing right? At least looking mature should be a good thing right?!

As you all know I'm in Lagos right now learning German and well... I've been told some weird stuff in this little period of time.

It's a known fact that my dressing is on the conserved side meaning that I limit my dressing and I watch what I wear and stuff like that.

Well... when did I start looking like someone's mother or someone's wife? I mean, I went to pick my cousins up from school and from afar, her friends  (referring to my female cousin) claimed that the lady they were seeing(Me) must be her mother (my aunt).

You can imagine my reaction when she relayed this to me. I almost went ballistic. Some days before that day, I went to the super market. So some people doing advertising for a company that promotes healthy eating stopped me to pitch the idea to me.

Naive me, I can not tell people that I'm not interested in what they are telling me so I listened. The next thing I hear after they  handed me a flyer, "You can get so and so for your mother, father, husband..."
   I instantly stopped the lady right there. "I'm not married." I said in a disturbingly high-pitched voice. "I'm sixteen" I continued very disturbed by their speculation.

"Oh, you look mature for your age." they said. Flabbergasted, I let them conclude their pitch and finally when into the mall still shook.

To look mature for my age. Are they indirectly calling me old? Is that supposed to be a compliment because right now, I'm not so sure.

So yeah my dressing.  Anywhere I go, the people that meet me will now say "Salaam alaykum." That is not what bothers me really. I appreciate the fact that I look muslim. The fact that people when I'm at stores or elsewhere will refer to me as Ma, Alhaja or even Hajia .

I'm "sixteen". I repeat "sixteen".  Ich bin sechzehn Jahre alt. Please, kindly understand that I'm sixteen not someone's wife or mother.

I'm obsessed with not letting my body shape show easily in my dressing. So maybe I'm always covered up but no one told me that It was that bad.

I am petite, a little chubby(don't listen to my friends that tell you otherwise), short ( at the moment always wearing heels), have a dark-ish complexion along with pretty annoying acne and I'm pretty average.

Now I have the ability to look Mature. Acting mature... Fine. I have absolutely no problem with that but to look mature, I'm beginning to reconsider. Anyway let me end this post with the little German I know. Pardon my errors.

So, dass ist alles. Vielen dank für deine Zeit. Tschüs!, Annyeong(안영), Ma salaam(ما سلام )and Allah hafeez lovlies💜❤🌹.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iftar post #1

Salaam alaikum everyone! Ramadan Kareem🤍!!! How are you all?   I’m fine and I would like to share one of my favorite recipes during Ramadan with you all. I know it’s Hausa name and it is called “ Kunun Gyada” . If I roughly translate it to English, It would mean Groundnut milk and rice gruel. Yes, the English meaning may not be appetizing but I promise that it is absolutely delicious. Warning: Not to be consumed by those with Peanut and peanut related allergies. I’m not sure of the dietary information. I’d recommend preparing this for iftar. For iftar, there’s usually a mini feast with multiple dishes from fruit salads to main dishes. So yeah, and if there are left overs you can have that for sahur bearing in mind that it’s actually quite light.   My mommy always made this for some of our iftars and I’ve loved them ever since. So I learnt the recipe and here it is. There are multiple ways to make this, I mean that there are different variat...

Relationship Advice From A Single Girl #2 : REBOUNDS!

Assalam alaikum. Hi guys. It's been a while and I thought why not continue with the relationship talk. One of my friends once told me that the best relationship advice comes from single people. That, my lovelies, is what motivated me to write this post. Any way this is post 2 of the relationship series and beware: My ideas might be biased based from the way I was raised, to my religion and just my way of viewing things as a person. My advice might most definitely not work for you but it won't hurt to read the point of view of others.  Today's talk is about *drum roll please* Rebounds. I as a person happen to experience crushes despite the fact that in a lot of cases I wish I didn't. Anyway, *at this point everyone can see that I use the word anyway too much😅* after being ignored and pushed away by one of my crushes/friends, a lot of people that happen to be my close friends said that I deserve better. And I quote " I wouldn't advice you to use advice giv...