Skip to main content

Making White Bread

Hi everyone. This post is all about how to make delicious, soft white bread. 
Honestly the first time I tried this, I did this by eye-balling so I'm hoping I get the measurement right. Any way just know that I didn't use a loaf pan for this. I made it on a baking tray (I couldn't find my loaf pan so...). 


Ingredients
  • One and a half cup of all- purpose flour
  • Half a cup of warm water
  • One tablespoon of yeast
  • One teaspoon of granulated sugar
  • One teaspoon of salt
  • Ten tablespoons of all-purpose flour( for kneading and dusting)
  • Two tablespoons of olive oil
Preparation time: 5-10 mins
Kneading time: 10-15 mins
Baking time: 25-30 mins

Let's begin

Pour flour into a wide bowl. Mix with the salt then make a well in the middle. 
Pour the yeast into the well. add the sugar. Add a little water (enough to make a little solution). Let it sit for a while until frothy. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix in everything gently. 

Add a little water as you mix( tablespoon by tablespoon) until you get an elastic dough that is slightly sticky. Flour a smooth surface and turn out the dough unto it . Knead the dough. 

Use a sharp knife to slice into the dough. If the air bubbles are numerous, keep kneading the dough. Use a teaspoon of olive oil to grease a bowl.

Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a slightly damp cloth and leave to rise for 1-2 hours.
Punch the dough down and lightly knead for about 2 minutes. 


(BTW i accidentally left mine to rise for 14 whole hours...)
Lightly dust the baking pan with the some of the leftover flour. Lightly dust a smooth surface with some flour. Turn out the dough and roll lengthwise between the palms, fingers and the flat surface.

Gently pick up roll (shouldn't be more than 1 inch thick) and place onto the floured baking tray. Don't worry if the roll is longer than the tray. Just bend it a little inwards. Keep in a warm place for about 30 minutes before baking. Reheat the oven for about 5 minutes before placing the dough in it. ( I used a conventional oven so if you are using a gas oven about 7 minutes should do). Use a sharp knife to place a few slashes in the dough. 

Place in the  oven and bake till the top is no longer golden brown about 25 - 30 minutes at 175͒ C but I'm not really sure so you should keep an eye on it. As soon as it starts turning a darker shade of brown, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool on a cooling rack. 

You can serve immediately with desired condiments Eg. soup, sandwiches etc.

Makes one edible loaf of bread.πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

BTW, I'm so sorry my last post was very late but I'll try to be better from now on. Love you all. May Allah bless you all. Lots of hugs and kisses from me πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–. Allah hafiz 😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I'm sixteen. I repeat sixteen..."

Assalam alaykum my lovelies. It's been a long, long time but I'm back temporarily. Wie geht's? Yeah, I'm learning German .  So... my dressing. Guys being mature is a good thing right? At least looking mature should be a good thing right?! As you all know I'm in Lagos right now learning German and well... I've been told some weird stuff in this little period of time. It's a known fact that my dressing is on the conserved side meaning that I limit my dressing and I watch what I wear and stuff like that. Well... when did I start looking like someone's mother or someone's wife? I mean, I went to pick my cousins up from school and from afar, her friends  (referring to my female cousin) claimed that the lady they were seeing(Me) must be her mother (my aunt). You can imagine my reaction when she relayed this to me. I almost went ballistic. Some days before that day, I went to the super market. So some people doing advertising for a company that pr...

Relationship Advice From A Single Girl #2 : REBOUNDS!

Assalam alaikum. Hi guys. It's been a while and I thought why not continue with the relationship talk. One of my friends once told me that the best relationship advice comes from single people. That, my lovelies, is what motivated me to write this post. Any way this is post 2 of the relationship series and beware: My ideas might be biased based from the way I was raised, to my religion and just my way of viewing things as a person. My advice might most definitely not work for you but it won't hurt to read the point of view of others.  Today's talk is about *drum roll please* Rebounds. I as a person happen to experience crushes despite the fact that in a lot of cases I wish I didn't. Anyway, *at this point everyone can see that I use the word anyway too muchπŸ˜…* after being ignored and pushed away by one of my crushes/friends, a lot of people that happen to be my close friends said that I deserve better. And I quote " I wouldn't advice you to use advice giv...

Language as a barrier...

Language as a barrier As-salaam alaikum everyone. How are you all today? This post is about the topic “LANGUAGE AS A BARRIER!”   First of all, language as defined by the Oxford dictionary is a method of human communication, either spoken or written, consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way. It can also be defined as a system of communication used by a certain group of people i.e a country or even a tribe.   According to www.britannica.com , Language is a system of conventional spoken, manual, or written symbols by means of which human beings, as members of a social group and participants in its culture, express themselves. The functions of  language  include communication, the expression of identity, play, imaginative expression, and emotional release.   In essence, language is a form of communication and expression of one’s feelings, emotions and thoughts. Over the last couple of months, I’ve witnesse...