Skip to main content

My Ramadan Menu


Salaam alaikum everyone!


How’s the quarantine/lockdown?



I’m trying to stay sane here, anyway…. I would like to start a new series called My Ramadan Menu. Yes, Ramadan is literally around the corner and I decided to start a kind of blog series where I post the recipes to certain dishes and their impact or importance to me, while also sharing some du’a if I can.







What do you think?



It’s going to be kind of hard for me to actually do this because I’m not at home right now, so making these recipes is going to be a tad difficult so I recommend adjusting what I say till you get the balance you need. I might not be able to make them, hence the absence of pictures but I’ll attempt to give a step by step explanation from memory and hopefully, I’ll get it right.



I will also try to run some of the recipes through my Mummy before posting so that I don’t end up frustrating you all. I might not be able to post regularly, I’m working on fixing that so please pardon my mistakes.


I think that’s all I have to say. I have to get started on my typing (I kind of procrastinated… forgive me?). 



Anyway, keep staying healthy, safe and at home.
Allah hafeez and Ma salaam everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I'm sixteen. I repeat sixteen..."

Assalam alaykum my lovelies. It's been a long, long time but I'm back temporarily. Wie geht's? Yeah, I'm learning German .  So... my dressing. Guys being mature is a good thing right? At least looking mature should be a good thing right?! As you all know I'm in Lagos right now learning German and well... I've been told some weird stuff in this little period of time. It's a known fact that my dressing is on the conserved side meaning that I limit my dressing and I watch what I wear and stuff like that. Well... when did I start looking like someone's mother or someone's wife? I mean, I went to pick my cousins up from school and from afar, her friends  (referring to my female cousin) claimed that the lady they were seeing(Me) must be her mother (my aunt). You can imagine my reaction when she relayed this to me. I almost went ballistic. Some days before that day, I went to the super market. So some people doing advertising for a company that pr...

Iftar post #1

Salaam alaikum everyone! Ramadan Kareem🤍!!! How are you all?   I’m fine and I would like to share one of my favorite recipes during Ramadan with you all. I know it’s Hausa name and it is called “ Kunun Gyada” . If I roughly translate it to English, It would mean Groundnut milk and rice gruel. Yes, the English meaning may not be appetizing but I promise that it is absolutely delicious. Warning: Not to be consumed by those with Peanut and peanut related allergies. I’m not sure of the dietary information. I’d recommend preparing this for iftar. For iftar, there’s usually a mini feast with multiple dishes from fruit salads to main dishes. So yeah, and if there are left overs you can have that for sahur bearing in mind that it’s actually quite light.   My mommy always made this for some of our iftars and I’ve loved them ever since. So I learnt the recipe and here it is. There are multiple ways to make this, I mean that there are different variat...

Relationship Advice From A Single Girl #2 : REBOUNDS!

Assalam alaikum. Hi guys. It's been a while and I thought why not continue with the relationship talk. One of my friends once told me that the best relationship advice comes from single people. That, my lovelies, is what motivated me to write this post. Any way this is post 2 of the relationship series and beware: My ideas might be biased based from the way I was raised, to my religion and just my way of viewing things as a person. My advice might most definitely not work for you but it won't hurt to read the point of view of others.  Today's talk is about *drum roll please* Rebounds. I as a person happen to experience crushes despite the fact that in a lot of cases I wish I didn't. Anyway, *at this point everyone can see that I use the word anyway too much😅* after being ignored and pushed away by one of my crushes/friends, a lot of people that happen to be my close friends said that I deserve better. And I quote " I wouldn't advice you to use advice giv...